Contact details+61 3 9269 9161
Amelia has broad experience in commercial, financial and administrative matters. She has developed a specialist practice in sports law and offers strong expertise in the application of the law to not-for-profit organisations, for-profit companies and government agencies.
Amelia is a Director of the Victorian Institute of Sport.
Amelia's areas of expertise include:
- drafting and advising on commercial contracts and arrangements;
- sponsorship and merchandising agreements;
- selection and anti-doping issues;
- development, protection and exploitation of intellectual property;
- corporate governance, constitutions and other board and director issues;
- powers and obligations of boards and management committees;
- betting in sport, obtaining a share of the revenue and related integrity issues;
- organisational policies including member protection, inclusion, anti-doping, team selection and more;
- disciplinary matters;
- privacy legislation and the handling of personal information;
- freedom of information applications and decisions; and
- competition and league structures.
Amelia was admitted to practice in 2003, and joined Lander & Rogers in 2008.
BA/LLB (Australian National University)
Director, Victorian Institute of Sport.
Former Director, Australia and New Zealand Sports Law Association.
Law Institute of Victoria.
- Law Institute of Victoria’s Sports Law Committee.
- Australia and New Zealand Sports Law Association.