Contact details+61 3 9269 9591
Practice groupProperty, Projects & Infrastructure
Sallie has experience in general real estate and development work (including commercial, retail, residential, leisure) as well as experience in construction, and corporate and general commercial work including joint venture work, hospitality (including hotel and leisure), hospital work and education, predominantly in Bahrain and United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
Sallie's significant experience includes:
- Advising Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland in relation to proposed hospital operator agreement for a new hospital in Bahrain including negotiating terms with Ministry of Health’s lawyers;
- Lead counsel for a large Abu Dhabi government developer, on the approximately US$300 million sale of a mixed-use development incorporating a 5-star hotel, over 200 residential apartments and villas and retail mall;
- Acting for a land owner in relation to the development of a new hospital in Oman including developing agreement for lease and lease under which operator would take a lease of the hospital, while meeting certain KPIs in relation to operation of hospital;
- Lead counsel on acquisition of USD16 million commercial office tower in the Diplomatic Area, Bahrain;
- Lead counsel for developer of Bahrain Financial Harbour development including drafting and negotiation of sales documentation, negotiation of district cooling services arrangements with international district cooling service provider, joint venture agreement with facilities management service provider in respect of a special purpose vehicle to be established for provision of services to the development; and
- Acting for Bahrain Airport Company in the takeover of the management of Bahrain International Airport, drafting and rollout of suite of new best practice occupational documentation for current airport terminal, review and negotiation of concession agreements, appointments of facilities management providers.
Sallie also undertook a secondment for six months at TAIB Bank BSC(c) which included working with the CEO, COO, senior management, in-house counsel and all other Bank departments on a daily basis, coordinating various external counsel in various jurisdictions and advising on all aspects of bank restructuring, litigation strategies internationally, board meeting presentations, Bank precedent documentation, corporate housekeeping and implementation of procedures and administrative functions.
Sallie was admitted to practice in March 2004 and joined Lander & Rogers in May 2017.
Masters of Business Administration (Finance) - University of Liverpool (England)
Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & International Business), Deakin University