Contact details+61 7 3456 5134
Damian has broad experience in financial services law, having worked for a number of large financial services institutions in regulatory compliance roles before commencing practice as a lawyer in 2009. Damian specialises in advising superannuation industry participants, including fund trustees, administrators and employers on various aspects of superannuation and financial services law, including:
- Superannuation Industry Supervision Act and Regulations, including RSE license requirements and APRA regulation;
- product disclosure requirements under the Corporations Act;
- Successor Fund Transfers;
- trust deeds and fund documentation; and
- disputes and litigation, including matters referred to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal and Financial Ombudsman Service.
Damian's disputes experience includes acting in a range of complex commercial litigation matters, including Federal Court and Supreme Court proceedings involving interpretation and rectification of commercial contracts and trust deeds.
Damian was admitted to practice in April 2009 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2014.
LLB (Hons) (Deakin University)