Contact detailsT: +61 2 8020 7778 M:+61 411 737 733
Deanna is an experienced M&A lawyer with strong technical expertise in the resources and energy sector. She has worked in both private practice and for seven years as general counsel at Mitsubishi Development, the Australian resources investment vehicle of Mitsubishi Corporation. While at Mitsubishi, she was responsible for advising the commercial terms in respect of coal, iron ore and uranium investment and governance, including full service legal advice for all strategic investments.
Deanna is a well-known figure in the Australian energy and resources sector, both through her legal work and her role as 2013-14 National President and Board member of AMPLA - The Resources and Energy Law Association, Australia's pre-eminent organisation for resources and energy lawyers.
Deanna's areas of expertise include:
- large scale corporate and asset acquisitions and divestments;
- corporate governance and general corporate compliance;
- commercial contract drafting (including incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures, commercial agreements, major contracts and MOUs);
- contract review and negotiation; and
- contract dispute resolution.
Deanna joined Lander & Rogers in April 2014.
- General Management Program - Harvard University, Boston, USA, 2012
- Company Directors Course - Australian Institute of Company Directors, 2008
- Masters of Law and Management - University of New South Wales and Australian Graduate School of Management, May 2003
- LLB (Hons) - University of Western Australia, 1993
- BComm - University of Western Australia, 1993
- "Joint Ventures in Australia - Usage in mining and energy and beyond", ACLA National Conference, 8 November 2008
- "Industry think tank - Mining, energy, resources, project management and construction", Facilitator, ACLA National Conference, 11 November 2010