Contact details+61 3 9269 9471
Practice groupWorkplace Relations & Safety
Emma works across all areas of workplace relations and safety. Her particular areas of expertise are discrimination, human rights, adverse action, unfair dismissal and coronial inquests.
Emma's notable experience includes:
- instructing in the landmark Barclay case before the High Court of Australia regarding the protection of union representatives under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth);
- defending a high-profile claim of misleading and deceptive conduct in the recruitment process before the Full Court of the Federal Court of Australia;
- writing a handbook on discrimination law for the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission;
- preparing detailed submissions to the Australian Human Rights Commission responding to allegations of human rights breaches in employment;
- working in-house to advise a Victorian public sector client on change management and redundancy processes while on secondment; and
- providing advice to clients about the relevance of social media in employment law.
- Masters of Human Rights Law (Melbourne University)
- BA (Media & Communications)/ LL.B. (Hons) (MelbourneUniversity)
Memberships / Awards:
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
Admission to practice: April 2009
Emma joined Lander & Rogers in March 2008