Contact details+61 3 9269 9334
Practice groupCommercial Disputes
Grant has more than 20 years' experience in commercial litigation, acting for a broad range of government and private sector organisations.
His practice covers property and infrastructure litigation, Competition and Consumer law, and environmental liability claims, particularly in relation to contamination litigation. Grant's experience in Competition and Consumer Law issues has led to him speaking extensively to the property industry and its lawyers on misrepresentation and unconscionable conduct claims.
Grant is a member of Lander & Rogers' Real Estate Sector team, which advises nationally and internationally across the domestic, commercial, retail, industrial, and residential markets. He has a long-standing interest in retail tenancy disputes and property-related litigation and has acted for landlords and tenants in over 250 retail disputes. In these cases, Grant typically advises on issues concerning misrepresentation, unconscionable conduct, rent reviews, relocations, lock outs and ownerships of fixtures and fittings.
Grant's clients include listed property trusts, public and large private companies, major Australian retailers, property developers, landlords, tenants, financiers, and joint ventures.
Grant is recognised in the 2013-2017 editions of Best Lawyers (Australia) for his expertise in Litigation law. He is also recognised the 2015 - 2017 editions of Best Lawyers (Australia) for his expertise in Commercial law.
Grant has also developed an extensive practice in:
- environmental liability claims, particularly contamination litigation; and
- professional liability claims, particularly relating to property valuers.
Grant's areas of expertise include:
- environmental claims;
- lease disputes;
- retail tenancy disputes;
- property related litigation;
- contract and negligence claims; and
- Competition and Consumer Act (formerly the Trade Practices Act) claims.
Grant was admitted to practice in 1986 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2009.
LLB/B.Ec (Monash University)
- Member of the Property Council of Australia – Retail Committee.
- VCAT – Retail List Users Group.
- Australian Corporate Lawyers Association.
- Law Institute of Victoria.