Contact details+61 2 8020 7623
Practice groupProperty, Projects & Infrastructure
Ian has extensive experience in a broad range of construction, engineering and infrastructure transactions, ranging from major projects to building construction and engineering, including dispute resolution.
Ian's areas of expertise include:
- project structuring;
- project negotiation;
- project documentation;
- strategies for successful project implementation;
- the provision of advice in relation to project administration;
- the resolution of project disputes;
- green building issues, including Green Star and NABERS; and
- climate change issues, including NGERS and the "Securing a Clean Energy Future" legislation.
After 16 years in private practice with national Australian law firms, Ian worked at Stockland, Australia’s leading diversified property company, as a Senior Legal Counsel for four years. In that role he was responsible for the legal aspects of all construction and construction-related projects undertaken by the Commercial Property, Residential and Retirement Living businesses of the company in Australia. During his time at Stockland, Ian developed a sound understanding of the key commercial aspects of construction and construction-related projects.
Ian has been admitted as a Barrister, Solicitor and Proctor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia; a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Victoria; and a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Ian was included in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in Australia for Construction/Infrastructure Law and Real Property Law.
Ian was admitted to practice in 1991 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2010.
B Juris, LLB, BA - University of Western Australia
- Associate Member of the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association.
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria.
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales.