Contact details+61 7 3456 5106
Practice groupCommercial Disputes and Insurance Law & Litigation
Louise is a litigation practitioner with a broad range of experience acting for clients in the private and public sector. She conducts general commercial litigation, including dispute resolution, as well as administrative and regulatory matters in which she also has significant track record as an advocate.
Louise's expertise includes:
- all aspects of commercial litigation and dispute resolution;
- debt recovery proceedings in all Australian jurisdictions;
- property related litigation;
- regulatory investigations and prosecutions;
- advising and acting in appeals in State and Federal jurisdictions;
- compliance advice and training; and
- administrative law.
Louise has presented to clients and industry bodies on topics including:
- obligations of a model litigant
- conduct of merits review/appeals in tribunals
- drafting pleadings
- penalty privilege in a regulatory context
- the impact of delay on investigations and final orders
- 'show cause' notices and how to comply with the requirements of natural justice and procedural fairness when issuing these;
- conducting investigations and the investigative processes;
- taking witness statements and writing statements of reasons;
- conducting seminars for junior litigators on briefing counsel; and
- the impact of new legislation on clients/their industries.
Louise joined Lander & Rogers in March 2014.
LLB (Hons) - Queensland University of Technology
Masters of Laws (in progress) - University of Melbourne