Contact details+61 3 9269 9112
Practice groupWorkplace Relations & Safety
Mark has been a workplace relations practitioner for more than 30 years, including more 20 years as a practising lawyer. He has been a partner of Lander & Rogers since 1999.
In addition to his extensive law firm experience, Mark has held a number of high profile industry roles dealing with strategic issues facing employers, as well as a term as a Federal Court Judge’s Associate, working in employee relations in manufacturing and higher education. He is recognised in the 2014-2018 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in Labour and Employment law.
Mark's areas of expertise include; industrial relations, employment law, discrimination law, occupational health & safety law, and related litigation. Mark provides a significant depth of knowledge and experience in workplace relations, and is regularly sought out by employers for strategic advice and guidance, particularly in relation to:
- employment and independent contractor agreements;
- drafting and negotiating collective agreements;
- interpretation of awards and other industrial instruments;
- workplace policy advice;
- workplace change strategy;
- transfers of business;
- award superannuation matters;
- governance of registered organisations;
- public holiday and trading hours issues;
- employee due diligence; and
- terminations of employment.
Mark was admitted to practice in 1979 and joined Lander & Rogers in 1999.
B Econ (Mon), LLB (Mon)
- Member Advisory Board.
- Centre for Employment Labour Relations Law.
- University of Melbourne.
- Australian Human Resources Institute.
- Australian Labour Law Association.
- Life Member and Past President, Industrial Relations Society of Victoria.