Contact details+61 3 9269 9583
Natalie is an experienced superannuation and financial services lawyer who has advised organisations in the superannuation sector, as well as the broader financial services industry, for more than 20 years.
Natalie advises trustees, fund administrators and employers on all aspects of superannuation including representing trustees in litigated matters. She advises financial services entities on licensing and disclosure, and on matters relating to managed investment schemes and investments generally. Natalie also has expertise in anti-money laundering law, and advises clients across a broad range of industries on privacy law.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Natalie was a partner at a large Australian-based international law firm, where she headed a speciality superannuation and financial services team.
Natalie was named "Lawyer of the Year" 2017 for Superannuation Law by Best Lawyers (Australia). She is also listed in the 2010–2017 editions of Best Lawyers (Australia) for Financial Institutions, Funds Management, Corporate Governance Practice, and Investment Law.
Natalie’s areas of specific expertise include:
- Australian financial services licensing and disclosure aspects of the Corporations Act 2001;
- all aspects of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993, including RSE Licensing requirements and APRA regulation;
- fund documentation, such as trust deeds and deed amendments, investment management agreements, outsourcing agreements, trustee appointment and retirement documentation;
- fund transfers and mergers;
- trust law issues, interpretation of fund governing rules and general fund administration issues;
- member disclosure materials, such as product disclosure statements, annual reports, benefit statements, significant event notices, calculators and retirement forecasts;
- litigation concerning a broad range of financial services matters (such as TPD claims and Supreme Court directions), as well as Superannuation Complaints Tribunal matters;
- applications to APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC for relief from regulatory requirements;
- privacy requirements;
- anti-money laundering legislation;
- family law superannuation splitting legislation;
- professional indemnity insurance matters;
- employee superannuation aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions; and
- employer obligations under the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992, including in relation to the ‘choice of fund’ regime.
Natalie was admitted to practice in 1997 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2011.
BA and LLB (Hons) - Monash University
ASFA Diploma of Superannuation Management - Macquarie University
Memberships and awards
- Awarded "Lawyer of the Year" for Superannuation in 2016/17 and for Corporate Governance Practice in 2015/16 by Best Lawyers (Australia).
- Recognised as a leading lawyer by Best Lawyers (Australia) since 2010 in Corporate Governance; Financial Institutions; Funds Management; Investment Law; and Superannuation.
- Member of the Superannuation Committee of the Law Council of Australia.
- Member of the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia and is a past secretary and elected member of the Victorian Division Executive Committee of ASFA.
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria.