Contact details+61 2 8020 7802
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Ryan has conducted proceedings in Courts in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia at all levels.
Ryan's experience is predominantly in public liability with some professional indemnity. He has strong experience in the local government, retail property and construction space acting on behalf of insurers, statutory authorities and insured clients direct.
Ryan's areas of expertise include:
- public liability;
- professional indemnity; and
- personal injury.
Ryan's recent experience includes:
- personal injury claims brought by security contractors against hotel operators in relation to injuries sustained during assaults by patrons;
- major construction claims acting for the head contractor where subcontractors have sustained significant injuries;
- acting on behalf of a scaffolding company in a claim for post-traumatic stress disorder in relation to a construction site incident;
- involvement in a false imprisonment claim made against a retail manager whilst the Plaintiff was in the course of their employment;
- managing claims on behalf of cleaning contractors for large retail and commercial premises and advising underwriters with respect to potential indemnity issues regarding same; and
- acting for local Council in response to a section 151Z recovery claim brought in the Supreme Court of New South Wales which involved an injured Worker who sustained catastrophic injuries and was rendered tetraplegic.
Prior to admission in 2011, Ryan managed a team of liability claims managers at a prominent domestic third party agency. Ryan also managed a claims portfolio on behalf of self-insured clients and by local and international insurance clients, predominantly in the retail, sporting and construction space.
Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Law
Member of the New South Wales Claims Discussion Group
Member of AILA Young Professionals
Admission to practice: