Contact details+61 2 8020 7680
Terry has practiced extensively in financial services and regulatory law for over 20 years and has had the benefit of both practical and professional experience, most recently before joining Lander & Rogers being a partner in a major (now international) legal firm for over 13 years, having previously held legal or commercial positions in a major bank, major life insurance company, superannuation and actuarial consulting firm and was the legal counsel at Charge Card Services Limited which operated the domestic Bankcard credit card scheme.
Terry is on the Australian subsidiary board of a large Canadian bank and is on the International Monetary Fund's external expert panel for banking and insurance regulation, most recently consulting to the Central Bank of Bangladesh on amendments to its Banking Companies Act.
Terry was included in the 2010 - 2018 editions of The Best Lawyers in Australia for Financial institutions, Insurance Law, Investment Law, and Superannuation Law. Terry has received similar recognition for his insurance work in the PLC Which Lawyer ratings for 2010 and 2011.
Terry's areas of expertise include:
- financial services licensing;
- regulatory and compliance advice for life and general insurers, banks and superannuation and pension funds;
- regulatory interventions;
- administration agreements and other outsourcing arrangements;
- investment management, transition management and custody agreements;
- superannuation and pension plans, managed investment schemes and other collective investments;
- the development and distribution of new financial products;
- assisting financial services companies to establish themselves locally or to move their operations offshore;
- product rationalisations;
- transfers and mergers including superannuation fund successor fund transfers, Part 9 schemes for life companies and Division 3A Schemes for general insurers;
- financial and commercial disputes;
- And many other significant financial services transactions with local and foreign companies.
Terry joined Lander & Rogers in 2013.
BA LLB - University of Sydney
MBA - Macquarie University
Master of Laws - University of Sydney
- Emeritus member of the Superannuation Committee of the Law Council of Australia