Contact details+61 3 9269 9654
Varun is an experienced superannuation and financial services lawyer who advises companies, trustees, fund administrators, fund managers and employers on all aspects of superannuation and financial services law.
Varun's significant matters have involved advising clients in a diverse range of corporate and commercial related issues, regulation and legislative compliance, financial services licensing, fund mergers, fund documentation, investments, managed investment schemes/trusts and privacy-related matters.
He has also completed secondments as in-house counsel with a global superannuation consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments; and with one of Australia's leading provider of superannuation solutions to medium and large Australian organisations.
Varun's areas of expertise include:
- corporations law;
- superannuation and trust law;
- funds management;
- privacy and data protection law;
- directors' duties and general corporate governance advice;
- contractual advice; and
- anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws.
Varun was admitted to practice in 2012 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2012.
LLB (Hons.), BCom (Monash University)
Diploma of Superannuation (Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia)
- Finalist for Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 awards in 2015 in the category of Banking & Finance
- Member of the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia and the Emerging Leaders Network
- Chair of the Victorian Legislation Discussion Group for the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
- Member of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees Young Super Network
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professional (Australia & New Zealand)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria