Superannuation Alert - 25.7.12
Financial Services eBulletin - 25 July 2012
Lander & Rogers' Superannuation Alert is a brief overview of new developments in the superannuation industry and is in addition to our Superannuation Update, which analyses the main developments of interest in more detail.
- Treasury has updated its website to announce the deferral of the start date from 1 July 2012 for a number of the SMSF Stronger Super reform measures.
- On 13 July 2012, Infrastructure Australia (IA) published its Australian Infrastructure Progress and Action 06/12: A Report to the Council of Australian Governments. In the report, IA states that it 'intends to work with governments and government trading enterprises to nominate assets in each jurisdiction that could be sold to superannuation funds, either immediately or after introducing minor changes'.
- On 16 July 2012, the Government released exposure draft legislation setting out the proposed new registration regime for auditors of SMSFs.
- Treasury has released the Government's Forward Work Program – Consultation of Tax Measures. The document 'sets out the timetable for current and proposed consultation on tax and superannuation measures'.
- On 19 July 2012, the ATO released its 2012-13 Compliance Program.
- On 19 July 2012, the ATO announced an expanded list of key areas of focus relating to tax avoidance arrangements as at 11 July 2012.
All information on this site is of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon as, nor to be a substitute for, specific legal professional advice. No responsibility for the loss occasioned to any person acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material published can be accepted.