The funds management industry in Australia has the largest pool of funds under management in the Asia-Pacific region and the fourth largest in the world. Continued inflows are assured because of Australia’s compulsory superannuation system which is almost fully outsourced to the private sector.
Our work in this area includes:
- Establishment of new funds and products
- Advising on compliance with the Corporations Act
- Negotiating fund documentation and outsourcing agreements
- Preparing and reviewing offer documentation
- Advising on restructures, including trustee retirements and appointments, MIS deregistrations and novation of agreements
Because of our cross-over expertise with the superannuation industry, we can offer specialist input advising fund managers on unique regulatory issues presented by super fund investors.