Jess specialises in strategic transactions, with a focus on private mergers and acquisitions and commercial contracts. Her clients benefit from the combination of technical excellence and pragmatism she brings to negotiations.
Jess works with clients on all aspects of strategic corporate and commercial matters, advising on private M&A, commercial contracts, joint ownership arrangements, corporate governance and the Corporations Act. Jess is a clear thinker whose pragmatic approach helps her deliver efficient commercial outcomes for her clients.
Jess spent two years working in the London office of a large international firm, advising London Stock Exchange-listed and unlisted companies on private and public M&A.
Jessica's experience includes:
- advising Medibank on its acquisition of Home Support Services (one of Australia's leading national providers of in-home care)
- advising ComfortDelGro Australia, one of Australia's largest bus operators and a subsidiary of the Singaporean-listed ComfortDelGro Corporation, on its acquisition of the northern NSW bus operators Blanch's Bus Lines and Brunswick Valley Coaches
- the acquisition of Tullamarine Bus Lines by CDC Victoria (also part of the ComfortDelGro group)
- advising the Guest family and managers on the sale of the Guest Group to private equity firm, The Growth Fund, and their ongoing reinvestment in the business
- the negotiation of various long-term, strategic supply agreements for Coles Supermarkets
- Wesfarmers Kleenheat Gas on the divestment of its east coast assets to Elgas and the further divestment of assets (a requirement of ACCC approval) to Origin and Renegade
- the acquisition by Sumitomo Forestry of one half of major Australian home builder Henley Homes, including Foreign Investment Review Board approval.