Contact details+61 2 8020 7614
Practice groupInsurance Law & Litigation
Jon has extensive experience, having conducted proceedings in Courts and Tribunals at all levels, and having defended numerous appeals to the NSW Court of Appeal and the High Court of Australia.
Jon also regularly advises insurers on their obligations under a broad range of general and life insurance policies, both in relation to specific claims and generally.
Jon's experience enables him to quickly identify the relevant issues in any matter and to deal with them in an appropriate, timely and cost effective manner. His successes in this area are well recognised by his clients. Jon was included in the 2016 - 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in Australia for Insurance Law. He was a finalist for Insurance Partner of the Year in the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards 2016.
Jon's areas of expertise include:
- professional indemnity;
- directors' & officers' liability;
- life insurance; and
- product and public liability.
Jon was admitted to practice in 2000 and joined Lander & Rogers in 2006.
BComm and LLB (First Class Hons) (University of Sydney)
- Member of the NSW chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group.
- Australian Insurance Law Association.
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance and the Australian Life Underwriters and Claims Association.