At Lander & Rogers, we're not just advocates for our clients; we're advocates for positive change. As champions of justice, equity, and community, we recognise the profound impact businesses can have on the world around them. That's why we've woven the "S" in ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) into the very fabric of our firm.
Beyond advising our clients on social responsibility, we are passionate about practising what we preach. Learn more about the initiatives we've undertaken to promote social wellbeing, equity, and the betterment of our shared communities.
Diversity and inclusion
A diverse and inclusive environment is essential to our collective success and we are committed to providing a supportive environment where the unique backgrounds of our people are recognised and celebrated. Harnessing this diversity helps us to connect with each other, our clients and ultimately deliver better business outcomes.
Learn more about diversity and inclusion at Lander & Rogers.
We want to help create a fairer society. Leveraging our deep legal expertise, we support people, communities, and organisations to build this future together.
Working alongside individuals as well as driving and contributing to broader systemic initiatives, Lander & Rogers' pro bono legal services aim to bring about positive social change by:
- helping people overcome barriers that prevent them from enforcing their legal rights
- supporting not-for-profit organisations whose purpose is to improve lives
- collaborating with the communities and organisations best placed to know the changes needed to make the legal system better, fairer, and more accessible for everyone.
Our pro bono work is focused on four key areas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and organisations
- Climate and just transitions
- People forcibly displaced
- Gender-based violence.
Lander & Rogers also takes general referrals on matters related to other areas of our legal expertise.
Together, we can build a society where everyone has the chance to thrive. We seek to influence positive outcomes with a focus on:
- connecting with youth, community and environment through education partnerships, mentoring programs, work experience, volunteering, and strategic initiatives to address the challenges of social exclusion
- fundraising initiatives to support organisations that share our values and purpose
- workplace giving, which allows our people to support community groups in a way that is simple, accessible and makes a difference.
With the skills, resources, rich ecosystems, and connections available to our firm, we seek to transform lives. The initiatives we support are powered by passion with a focus on people, and aim to make a genuine impact. We forge lasting relationships with partners, remaining open to new collaborative opportunities. Together, we can make a difference.
We are committed to genuine reconciliation and closing the gap between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the wider community. Our approach pursues these objectives through meaningful relationships, promoting respect and creating opportunities to collaborate.
Learn more about our ongoing commitment to reconciliation.
UN Global Compact
Lander & Rogers supports the core principles of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) - a voluntary framework for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices.
By supporting the core principles of the UNGC we adopt its approach that businesses should:
- support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- ensure we are not complicit in human rights abuses
- uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- support the effective abolition of child labour
- support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Our aspiration is for our people to say that Lander & Rogers is the best place they have ever worked. We believe that prioritising an inclusive and values-based culture will achieve the best outcomes for our people and the communities we are part of.
Modern Slavery Statement
At Lander & Rogers we value authenticity, connection, and innovation, with a strong commitment to care for our people, clients and community. In doing so, we seek to uphold the highest ethical standards in all that we do in the delivery of legal and business services. We are committed to identifying, assessing and addressing the risk of modern slavery within our business, in all our business dealings and in our supply chain.
We strive to contribute to global efforts to eradicate all forms of modern slavery. We regard this as part of our:
- ethical business practices
- commitment to the wellbeing of our people, and
- commitment to giving back to the community, including partnering with Anti-Slavery Australia, a specialist legal research and policy centre dedicated to the abolition of human trafficking and slavery-like practices, such as forced labour and forced marriage.
Access Lander & Rogers' Modern Slavery Statement FY23 to learn more.
To discuss issues relating to modern slavery, please contact email@example.com.
Complying with Australian anti-money laundering (AML) laws is more than just a legal obligation; it's deeply entrenched in our core values at Lander & Rogers.
We take a rigorous stance against these illicit activities, ensuring our people exercise vigilance as laid out in our risk management protocols. These expectations also extend to contractors, consultants, and suppliers collaborating with Lander & Rogers.
As proud signatories to the UN Global Compact, we recognise our role and responsibilities within the community. We understand that as a reputable firm, our actions have broader implications. As we approach the Financial Action Task Force Mutual Evaluation of 2025-2027, Lander & Rogers is poised to enhance our measures against money laundering and terrorism financing. Our commitment to developing a scalable AML/CTF program reflects our proactive approach to identify, mitigate, and manage related risks, in response to eliminating financial crimes.
At Lander & Rogers, we believe that the strength of our practice is underpinned in the wellbeing of our people. The legal work we undertake requires dedication, diligence, and a deep-seated commitment to justice. Yet, to champion these values, we must first nurture the minds, bodies, and spirits of our team.
Our focus on wellbeing is not just an initiative; it's an ethos that permeates every facet of our firm. From mental health support to fostering work-life balance, our commitment to wellbeing ensures that our team thrives, and in turn, so do our clients.
Dive into our proactive measures, programs, and partnerships designed to uplift, support, and empower every member of our firm. Learn more.