Eliza is an insurance lawyer specialising in health and medical law and personal injury litigation. Eliza provides comprehensive and practical legal advice to leading insurers in the context of claims brought against public hospitals, general practitioners, physiotherapists and schools.
Eliza's expertise in health and medical law sees her manage complex litigated and non-litigated medical negligence and personal injury claims.
Eliza's expertise extends to the management of Coronial investigations and inquests, where she has represented a number of private health practitioners, public hospitals and emergency service providers. She also advises clients in relation to health privacy matters and claims involving allegations of school bullying.
Eliza has successfully negotiated numerous personal injury/medical negligence claims, which include high quantum claims as a result of catastrophic injury. Clients appreciate Eliza's reliability, attention to detail, passion and pragmatism.
Eliza's experience includes acting for:
- a children's hospital where a neonate received life-saving surgery for a cardio-thoracic birth abnormality
- a mining company after three mining fatalities resulted in claims for dependency and nervous shock by relatives
- an emergency services provider in a Coronial inquest following the retrieval of a critically ill patient from a regional hospital
- several public hospitals following alleged failures to diagnose bowel perforations/peritonitis
- a public hospital in a Coronial inquest and subsequent civil claim after the suicide of a mental health inpatient
- a hospital in relation to a complaint made to the Health Complaints Commissioner for an alleged breach of privacy
- a hospital that was sued after a patient suffered a catastrophic spinal injury while undergoing a minor medical procedure
- a number of schools following allegations of bullying and personal injury to students.