Jenni joined Lander & Rogers' Workplace Relations & Safety team in April 2018 and has over 5 years' experience practising exclusively in the area of workplace relations. She has experience advising and representing employers, in both the public and private sector, across a broad range of employment, industrial relations and work health and safety matters.
Jenni excels at anticipating clients' needs, understanding complex legal issues and providing commercially astute, practical and tailored advice in a timely manner.
Jenni's practice covers all aspects of workplace relations, industrial relations and employment matters.
Jenni's notable experience includes:
- managing employment litigation, strategy and advice across a range of jurisdictions and types of claims including underpayments, breach of contract, unfair dismissal, general protections, unlawful discrimination and public sector disciplinary appeals;
- assisting clients in managing ill and injured employees, including by engaging medical practitioners and providing advice regarding key risks, strategy and return to work;
- advising employers about compliance with work, health and safety laws;
- managing sensitive workplace investigations;
- providing complex and detailed advice regarding the application and interpretation of industrial instruments, including but not limited to federal modern awards, state awards, enterprise agreements and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth);
- advising on management of disciplinary and performance issues, termination of employment and organisational restructures; and
- drafting and advising on employment contracts and company policies and procedures.
As a member of the Workplace Relations & Safety team, Jenni has acted for corporate clients including Macquarie Bank, Smartgroup, Target, Bunnings, Arthur J. Gallagher and Thomson Reuters, as well as public sector clients including the Department of Defence, Sydney Trains, the NSW Department of Planning and Environment, the NSW Ministry of Health and Roads and Maritime Services NSW.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Jenni gained experience working at Australian Industry Group, a leading industry association, and at another reputable law firm.
Jenni's career highlights include:
- assisting a large private sector client with the approval of a new enterprise agreement, including by successfully defending a number of claims commenced by the union representatives to prevent the approval of the agreement;
- acting for a large private sector client on a largescale award and underpayments review;
- providing ongoing advice and assistance to a public sector client in relation to the management and strategic direction of a complicated disciplinary matter involving allegations of misconduct against a senior executive employee;
- providing complex and detailed advice relating to award coverage for a number of clients, including pro bono clients operating in social and community services;
- acting for multiple large private sector clients in relation to adverse action claims and unfair dismissal claims, including some high-profile claims where the management of reputational damage was criticial.