Karen has broad experience in property law. She acts primarily for landlords and tenants in a range of commercial and leasing matters in various jurisdictions in Australia. Her previous legal experience in Northern Ireland encompassed mostly general conveyancing and probate, civil claims and employment law.
Karen's areas of expertise include:
- an extensive knowledge of retail leasing legislation across NSW, VIC, WA and QLD
- preparing and negotiating commercial and retail leases and agreements for lease
- lease renewals and extensions
- typical transactions seen in the leasing area such as assignments, surrender of leases, subleases and licences
- bespoke drafting and negotiation of complicated and unusual leasing provisions including releases, rights of termination, rights of refusal, exclusivity and rental abatement arrangements.
Karen's experience includes:
- acting for a major Australian Landlord in relation to its entire specialty leasing portfolio across NSW, VIC, WA and QLD
- assisting in the redevelopment of Stockland Wetherill Park, Stockland Green Hills in NSW and Stockland Kensington in QLD
- acting for Stockland in the preparation and negotiation of lease of industrial premises, and complicated leases and agreements for pad site premises and "mini-major" premises for national tenants
- reviewing established positions between Stockland and national retailers to streamline future negotiations
- undertaking general property due diligence for Gallagher as part of its asset acquisitions
- providing general property advice for Investa on commercial and retail leases
- acting for Coca-Cola Amatil and Coles in relation to leasing transactions.