Laura has a range of experience with litigated and non-litigated claims in occupiers' liability, product liability, intentional torts, workers' compensation, statutory recovery and dust disease. Laura also advises and represents interested parties in coronial investigations and inquests.
Laura's experience includes defending occupiers' liability, product liability, intentional tort, dust disease and workers' compensation claims brought in the Victorian County and Supreme Courts. Laura also has experience advising and representing interested parties in the Coroners Court of Victoria, including assisting in the preparation of witness statements for the coroner and instructing counsel.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers Laura worked as a solicitor in the general liability practice of a leading national insurance firm, which involved a secondment with a global insurer where she managed a large portfolio of personal injury and property damage claims across Australia. She also worked as a lawyer in the Supreme Court of Victoria's common law division managing personal injury and dust disease proceedings, and as a paralegal in a national plaintiff law firm.
Laura's areas of expertise include:
- occupiers' liability
- product liability
- intentional torts
- workers' compensation and statutory recoveries
- dust disease
- coronial investigations and inquests
Laura's career highlights include:
- assisting an international manufacturer to manage and defend a high-profile and highly sensitive product liability matter involving claims from over 100 consumers
- obtaining a full indemnity from a leading facility services provider in a personal injury claim involving a slip/trip at a shopping centre
- successfully defending an Australian power tools manufacturer in a product liability claim, with the plaintiff withdrawing his claim against the manufacturer altogether following mediation
- defending hotels, clubs and security providers in assaulted-related claims
- defending a variety of insured entities in respect of personal injury damages claims, including restaurants, clubs, schools, owners corporations, retailers, commercial landlords and cleaning companies
- defending a variety of clients in relation to claims arising from workplace accidents, including claims by injured workers and recovery actions