In this short video, Aaron Goonrey and Thomson Reuters' Head of Human Resources, ANZ Linsey Simpson discuss the observed effects of #MeToo at work including:
- greater employee confidence in raising issues; leading to a higher volume of reported complaints
- the importance for HR teams in deciding when to manage issues internally or brief externally to ensure no bias in the process
- an increase in complaints against colleagues for 'out of work' incidents, particularly through social media interactions
- ensuring grievances between colleagues are managed to minimise workplace disruptions, regardless of legal liability; and
- the difficulty for employers to know when they should or shouldn't intervene in employee disputes.
All information on this site is of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon as, nor to be a substitute for, specific legal professional advice. No responsibility for the loss occasioned to any person acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material published can be accepted.