Alice joined the Workplace Relations & Safety team in 2017 after completing her graduate year with Lander & Rogers. Alice works with senior practitioners in our Workplace Relations & Safety team to provide clients with advice and assistance with litigation.
Alice's areas of expertise include:
- unfair dismissal and general protections;
- breach of contract;
- post-employment restraint of trade;
- bullying, harassment, victimisation and anti-discrimination;
- modern awards and enterprise bargaining agreements; and
- general employment law advice and litigation.
Alice's career highlights include:
- being seconded to the workplace relations teams of clients in the higher education sector;
- instructing counsel in the Fair Work Commission to successfully extend the notice period required for protected industrial action to the maximum notice period permitted by the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth);
- appearing in the Fair Work Commission in a jurisdictional objection hearing in an unfair dismissal claim;
- instructing counsel in successfully opposing a preliminary discovery application in the Federal Court and obtaining an order for costs for our client;
- assisting in conducting an investigation for a large Victorian government department;
- advising on award coverage and compliance at a not-for-profit organisation;
- instructing mediation for a proceeding in the Supreme Court Employment List involving complex commercial law issues and related proceedings; and
- appearing at discrimination hearing in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for the respondent in which the application was dismissed.