Darcy is a real estate and construction lawyer, who acts for a diverse range of commercial, not-for-profit and government clients across a broad range of commercial and industrial real estate and construction matters.
Darcy has experience in advising and assisting clients in relation to both the real estate and construction aspects of their assets.
Darcy's experience includes acquisitions and disposals of property assets, coordinating property due diligence, leasing and development matters, preparation of construction contracts, consultancy agreements and related documentation for projects of varying sizes and value, as well as general real estate and construction advice.
Darcy's experience includes acting for:
- the owners of Sydney Business Park, a $2 billion broad acre mixed use redevelopment in Western Sydney, on various redevelopment issues at the site, disposals to major retailers and industrial and retail leasing at the site;
- the Anglican Church in relation to development issues, leasing and acquisitions for its real estate portfolio across NSW;
- a property developer specialising in the acquisition, development and management of NDIS certified independent-living accommodation on various leasing and service delivery matters;
- one of the big four accounting firms, in relation to construction and fitout works in their offices across the country;
- the Department of Defence on the disposal of Bulimba Barracks in Brisbane, which was the largest value Commonwealth disposal in 20 years, and the associated relocation of naval operations from the Barracks to the adjoining HMAS Moreton;
- Bunnings Group in relation to its Australasian real estate and construction portfolio;
- Stockland Group in relation to its commercial, industrial and retail assets, including the recent disposal of two mid-size regional shopping centres;
- Coles Group in relation to its commercial leasing portfolio in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia; and
- a national fitness club provider, in relation to the sale and construction of various assets.