Han is an experienced construction and major projects lawyer, having practised for over eight years in the industry. He has worked both in private practice and in-house at a tier 1 construction and development company, and has experience advising on a wide range of construction matters in different sectors.
Having spent over four years in-house at a tier 1 construction and development company, Han has experience tendering and negotiating contracts on a variety of infrastructure projects across a range of sectors, ranging from road and rail projects, to airport projects and large utility projects. He also has experience advising the global supply chain team at the same company, leading negotiations with major subcontractors for various critical trades at an enterprise level.
In a prior role at one of Australia’s leading independent law firms, Han acted for various clients on transport and social infrastructure PPP projects, worked on an unsolicited proposal for the development of a rail station transit station interchange, and advised on construction matters for a variety of clients, including developers, airport operators, and telecommunication providers.
He has a passion for developing pragmatic solutions for his clients, and is known for his ability to manage stakeholder, and understand and focus on core business needs.
Han's career highlights include:
- Western Sydney Airport – Bulk Earthworks Package ($500M): Advising JV on RFP submission, negotiating and drafting D&C Deed, negotiating downstream subcontracts and preparing internal approvals for risk limit exceedances
- Sydney Metro – Central Station Upgrade ($500M+): Preparing RFP submission and drafting departures for a complex "incentivised target cost" D&C Contract with Sydney Metro/TfNSW
- Newell Highway Program Alliance ($175M): Preparing EOI and RFP submissions, drafting departures to ECI Deed and negotiating with JV partner
- Brisbane Metro Project ($500M): Preparing EOI and RFP submissions and drafting departures to ECI Deed
- M4 Smart Motorways Project ($235M): Preparing RFP submission and drafting departures to D&C Deed
- Bruce Highway Upgrade – Kate St to Aumuller Package ($70M) and Rockhampton Northern Access Package ($95M): Preparing RFP submission and drafting departures to Construct-Only Deed
- Sydney Water Trunk Water Mains Package ($35M): Preparing EOI and RFP submissions, negotiating Early Works Agreement and Project Agreement and negotiating Interface Deed with Sydney Water and RMS
- North West Rail Link PPP / Sydney Light Rail PPP / Canberra Light Rail PPP: Advising O&M Contractor, Project Co and O&M Contractor respectively on RFP submissions
- Social and Affordable Housing Fund PPP - Phase 1: Preparing submission of tender and negotiating with financier and subcontractors