Noa is a key member of the firm's liability team. She specialises in workplace and transport accidents, statutory recoveries, and public and products liability claims. Noa regularly acts on behalf of host employers, facility managers, manufacturers, schools, builders and developers.
Noa has practised in insurance litigation for over 10 years.
With an enviable reputation earned as a skilled negotiator, Noa regularly achieves resolution prior to proceedings being issued. Her significant experience in personal injury law allows her to provide succinct and pragmatic advice.
Noa's significant experience includes:
- successfully seeking indemnity from a statutory insurer in circumstances where incidents have arisen out of the use of a motor vehicle;
- acting for schools in personal injury claims brought by students for injuries sustained while using playground and sports equipment;
- acting on behalf of builders, plumbers and carpenters in construction matters that involve personal injury;
- acting on behalf of agents and landlords in matters where tenants have sustained injury at leased premises;
- acting on behalf of religious organisations and not for profit organisations in historical special issues matters;
- successfully acting on behalf of an insurer in a subrogated action brought against another insurer in a matter where a worker sustained injury in the course of his employment, and the injury occurred over two insurance programs; and
- defending personal injury matters in circumstances where the incident occurred overseas.
Noa's experience includes:
- participating in legislative amendments to the Wrongs Act 1958 and service of Certificates of Assessment
- successfully pursuing indemnity costs from co-defendants following changes to the operation of Offers of Willingness to Contribute
- personal injury and property damage claims resulting from the Black Saturday Bushfires
- successfully defending companies being pursued for breaches of the Australian Consumer Law arising from personal injuries
- successfully defending claims involving manufacturer's liability
- advocating on behalf of clients at the Mental Health Tribunal.