Olivia is an employment law specialist who provides advice on all areas of workplace relations law, including general protections and unfair dismissal proceedings, enterprise bargaining, workplace investigations, modern award, contract and policy interpretation and discrimination law.
With a background in general commercial litigation, Olivia works with both public and private clients to provide strategic, commercial advice in a range of workplace disputes before the Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court and Federal Court of Australia. She also supports her clients to navigate complex workforce restructuring, change management, modern award and enterprise agreement interpretation.
Olivia's experience includes:
- acting as Coles' Legal Counsel, People & Culture (by secondment)
- successfully acting for the Metropolitan Fire Brigade in Fair Work Commission proceedings seeking approval of its enterprise agreement
- achieving successful outcomes on behalf of major retailers in general protections and unfair dismissal claims brought in the Federal and Federal Circuit Courts
- acting for a government regulator in Full Court of the Federal Court proceedings relating to the notification provisions of the *Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009 *
- acting for a national engineering firm and its senior executives in proceedings involving alleged breach of fiduciary duties and breach of contract
- representing an individual in an application for Special Leave to Appeal to the High Court of Australia regarding the enforcement of contractual and redundancy entitlements
- advising public and private sector clients in conducting complex and sensitive workplace investigations