Rohan is Special Counsel, Construction and Contract Automation in Lander & Rogers' Sydney-based Real Estate & Projects team. He is a highly regarded construction lawyer, with over 10 years of experience advising tier 1 construction and infrastructure companies on all project matters including tendering, contract negotiation, project-in-delivery issue resolution and disputes.
Rohan is also a market-leading legal innovator, having successfully delivered and scaled automation solutions in an ASX 100 company, realising multi-million dollar annual returns on initial investment.
Rohan has extensive experience advising on a wide range of construction projects, including large-scale billion-dollar transport infrastructure transactions, as well as all varieties of commercial, industrial and residential development projects.
With a background in physics and mathematics, he is particularly valued by clients for his ability to quickly grasp the technical and commercial aspects of projects, as it enables him to consistently deliver commercially pragmatic advice founded on a deep understanding of project risk.
Rohan previously spent over four years in-house at a tier 1 construction and development company, which included on-the-ground experience with joint venture bid teams on major tenders. This has given him an inherent appreciation of business process and the operational aspects of his clients' organisations.
Bringing skills beyond those of the standard lawyer to the table, Rohan has market-leading expertise in contract and workflow automation. He has a proven track record in this space and his experience covers all phases from inception to delivery including pitch/ROI case, design and build (legal drafting and coding), change management, roll-out, scaling and maintenance.
Rohan's career highlights include:
- Sydney Metro – Southwest Stations and Corridor Works bid ($500M+): Lead lawyer for Lendlease (in joint venture with CPB Contractors) on complex bid based on an "incentivised target cost" contracting model
- Monash Freeway Upgrade (Stage 2) D&C bid ($700M+): Lead lawyer for Lendlease on bid for this major road infrastructure project
- Darling Quarter Building Upgrade D&C: Lead advisor for Lendlease Building on this complex commercial development project in Sydney's CBD
- Sydney Metro – Central Station bid ($700m+): Advised Lendlease on expression of interest and tender submission
- The Northern Road 5 bid ($150m+): Advised Lendlease on bid for major road infrastructure project
- EPC transactions: Advised on various engineering project deals including solar farms and submarine cable projects
- Gateway Upgrade North project: Advised Lendlease on delivery issues and claims against subcontractors and consultants, including in relation to defects, delay and disruption
- Subcontract Automation – Lendlease: Delivered an automated subcontract generation platform for use on major construction projects, achieving 100% take-up rate, 350% time saving, and executive management endorsement to scale to "business-as-usual" way of working.