Sam specialises in property, building and construction related disputes as well as subrogated recoveries working for a range of insurer clients.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Sam practised for three years at an international insurance litigation law firm in New Zealand working across a number of areas.
Sam's areas of expertise include:
- construction and engineering disputes
- subrogated recovery claims including general advice on prospects of recovery to negotiating settlement of claim
- professional indemnity specialising in building and construction, engineering, certification and project management
- high level risk review of consultancy agreements and deeds
- advising on risks and claims involving D&C contracts and building professionals including architects, structural and civil engineers and surveyors.
Sam's experience includes:
- advising insurers on a large landslip during a significant road project where losses exceed $200M
- successfully defending insurers in Federal Court proceedings brought by an insured alleging wrongful declinature under an ISR Policy
- defending a large construction company in Supreme Court of NSW proceedings involving defective design
- acting for a large national construction company in litigated subrogated recovery matters in the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- acting for a large energy company in litigated subrogated recovery matter in the Supreme Court of Western Australia;
- acting for insurers involving a large power station project in New Zealand
- advising insurers for a large construction company in New Zealand involving water tightness issues in an apartment complex.
- acting for a large national construction company in Supreme Court of NSW proceedings pursuing subcontractors for defective workmanship.