Bridget joined the Workplace Relations & Safety team in 2018.
Bridget has experience providing advice to public and private sector clients on all aspects of employment law and industrial relations.
Bridget's areas of expertise include:
- unfair dismissal and adverse action;
- executive employment arrangements;
- breach of contract;
- modern award and enterprise agreement interpretation;
- post-employment restraints;
- bullying, harassment, victimisation and anti-discrimination; and
- industrial relations disputes and enterprise bargaining.
Bridget's career highlights include:
- assisting a large financial services client to defend unfair dismissal proceedings in the Fair Work Commission;
- advising a state emergency services organisation in litigation commenced by a former employee in the Federal Court of Australia;
- advising various Commonwealth Government departments on individual employment matters including unfair dismissal and adverse action proceedings in the Fair Work Commission and Federal Circuit Court;
- advising a local government in Victoria on enterprise bargaining and industrial relations issues, including protected action ballot orders, responding to protected industrial action and good faith bargaining obligations; and
- advising a client in the manufacturing industry on enterprise agreement interpretation and related disputes raised by the union.