Lisa is an insurance litigator with expertise in medical malpractice, personal injury, life insurance, Royal Commissions and other inquiries.
Lisa leads the firm’s Health team and is known for her expertise in complex litigated claims across a wide range of insurance lines. She is a passionate supporter of the firm's pro bono practice, working mainly with the Human Rights Legal Centre.
Lisa is highly regarded by clients for her calm, strategic approach to managing complex and often highly sensitive legal problems; skills she has developed over 20 years as a partner.
For many years Lisa’s expertise in litigation, insurance and medical negligence has been recognised by Best Lawyers in Australia. She is also recognised in Doyle's Guide and Chambers Guide to Leading Asia-Pacific Lawyers.
Lisa's experience includes:
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
- Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- Financial Services Royal Commission
- Phelan v Melbourne Health
- High quantum, multi-party catastrophic injury claims
- Historical sex abuse claims against hospitals, schools and institutions.