Natasha is an experienced litigator, with a particular focus on insurance and construction disputes.
Natasha handles complex disputes involving construction professionals. Over the years, she has acted for numerous architects, engineers and building surveyors as well as property valuers and real estate agents. She has also acted for local councils, government departments and various statutory authorities and has extensive experience defending professional indemnity claims against councils.
Natasha has extensive experience in claims involving non-compliant building products, including flammable cladding. Natasha has considerable experience handling litigation in the Federal, Supreme and County Courts, as well at VCAT. She also has experience in class action litigation. Natasha is a proficient public speaker. She regularly delivers in-house training for her clients, as well as speaking at conferences and other industry events.
Natasha was recognised in the 2019 Legal 500 rankings in the category of insurance. She is also recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia for her expertise in Construction / Infrastructure Law and Insurance Law. Natasha was recommended as a Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer in the 2021 Doyle's Guide.
Natasha's experience includes:
- acting for a structural engineer in defence of a $20M+ claim arising in VCAT and associated litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- acting in a property damage claim for a Casino owner against a builder who caused damage to assets during a construction project
- acting for a global design firm in connection with hail damage to Southern Cross Station
- acting for a fire engineer in multiple Federal Court proceedings relating to a fire in a Canberra hotel
- representing a local government body in defence of a $60M+ bushfire class action in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- acting in numerous active litigated cladding claims against consultants in VCAT and the Supreme Court of Victoria.