Tony has been practising in all areas of workplace relations and safety law since the 1980s. He focuses on solving clients’ issues to help them achieve business success. Tony is a longstanding and trusted adviser to NSW Government clients.
Tony understands the operating environment of public sector agencies. He has worked on projects to review and amend portfolio legislation; address individual employee claims; negotiate awards and enterprise agreements; and deliver large-scale projects.
Tony delivers strategic advice to private and public sector clients on significant employment matters. These range from the implementation of effective remuneration strategies, to performance management of employees, and discrimination claims. He is skilled in the major restructure of organisations and the management of individual employee claims. He represents clients in industrial disputes and work health and safety investigations and prosecutions.
Tony is recognised in Legal 500, Chambers Guide, Best Lawyers and Doyle's Guide.
Tony's experience includes:
- advising Sydney Trains and NSW Trains on their enterprise agreement negotiations and obtaining orders from the Fair Work Commission to suspend protected industrial action
- acting for Australian Rail Track Corporation and Port Authority of NSW to obtain enterprise agreement approval, having advised on strategies to nullify protected industrial action to ensure essential services were delivered
- managing safety and conduct investigations across the health sector identifying risk issues; actions to remove the risks; avoiding prosecution; and taking disciplinary action where appropriate
- obtaining search and seizure orders for a major employer to return improperly accessed confidential information
- advising a major retail bank on the use of independent contractor arrangements to deliver services.