Aras is an industrial relations and employment lawyer who completed the graduate program at Lander & Rogers and now practices in the Workplace Relations & Safety group.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Aras worked in the government sector, a small commercial legal practice and volunteered in an employment law legal centre. Aras was recently promoted to Senior Associate and assists the partners of the Workplace Relations & Safety team to provide clients with advice and assistance with litigation.
Aras is also heavily involved in the firm's pro bono work, holding a role as one of the firm's pro bono referral coordinators and being a Registered Migration Agent.
Aras' areas of expertise include:
- modern awards and enterprise bargaining agreements
- unfair dismissal and general protections
- class actions
- breach of contract
- post-employment restraint of trade
- bullying, harassment, victimisation and anti-discrimination
- occupational health and safety, and
- general employment law advice and litigation
Aras' career highlights include:
- assisting with the conduct of one of Australia's first employment law class actions
- undertaking secondments at an emergency services organisation, major retailer and large local government body
- drafting enterprise agreement provisions for clients and assisting them with approval applications
- assisting to successfully defend a number of employment claims and industrial disputes in various courts/tribunals, and
- conducting conciliations before the Fair Work Commission