Jared advises leading Australian and international clients across their entire lifecycle, from establishing businesses to complex corporate transactions including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, financings and restructures. He also advises clients on their governance arrangements and employee incentive plan design and implementation, including effective tax structuring and Australian securities law advice.
Jared's clients benefit from his international experience, having spent eight years at a top international law firm in London with time in their Hong Kong office.
Jared also understands client's commercial needs and pressures with his two years of in house experience at HSBC on two separate secondments. During that time, Jared helped manage the HSBC equity portfolio and represented its interests on the boards of numerous companies. He also advised the HSBC global investment banking team on legal and commercial issues relating to public and private transactions.
Jared is actively involved in the start-up space and has worked with a number of startup and scale-up companies, including Enboarder, Aptira and Ripe.io. He supports new businesses on their full legal requirements. He is involved with the firm's partnership with YBF Ventures and the foundation of LawTech Hub by Lander & Rogers.
Jared's experience includes advising:
- NYSE listed Arthur J. Gallagher & Co on its share and asset acquisitions across Australia in both its benefits and broking groups, including acquiring broking, financial advisory, FinTech, consulting and corporate advisory businesses
- Henderson Group on its merger with Janus Capital to create a leading global asset manager with a combined market cap of c.A$8 billion
- First State Super on its successful bid for the StatePlus, a financial planning and pension fund business, from SAS Trustee Corporation
- QBE Insurance (Australia) on the sale of its life insurance business to UK-funded, Australian start-up Integrity Group
- Australian and foreign listed and unlisted companies on employee incentive plans, including RELX, Paddy Power Betfair, Sportsbet, Gallagher, Kodak, Moly Mines, Redhill and Sophos
- Heitman, a leading global real estate investor on its financings, joint ventures and settlements of various construction and development projects across Australia
- Abacus Property Group and Heitman on the financing and settlement of a construction and development project at King Street (Brisbane), as part of a joint venture arrangement
- Pro-Invest Group on its financing and security arrangements in relation to the construction and operation of its Holiday Inn Express projects across Australia
- Goldwind in relation to various acquisitions and sales, commercial contracts and legal issues regarding its current and potential wind farm investments in Australasia.