Andrew is a partner in our national Real Estate and Projects Group, having established the real estate practice when he joined the firm in 1992.
Andrew was the firm's Chief Executive Partner for nine years from 1999, leading and driving the firm's strategic direction and strengthening its culture, while leading the national team and practising as a real estate lawyer.
Andrew has more than 35 years of experience in real estate law and practise, covering major commercial, retail and industrial projects.
He is known for his strong client relationships, his strategic insights and as an astute and pragmatic lawyer and highly effective negotiator. Andrew is the lead relationship partner and trusted advisor to many of the firm's key corporate clients, which include public and large private companies, major Australian retailers, retail property trusts and developers.
His experience in real property law has for many years been recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia.
Andrew's experience includes advising:
- Bunnings (since 1993) for the acquisition and development of all Bunnings Warehouses throughout Australia, involving preparation and negotiation of land contracts for purchase and portfolio sales and leasebacks, option deeds, agreements for lease, leases (as tenant and as landlord) and development agreements
- Wesfarmers (Australia and New Zealand) real estate due diligence on its acquisition of Coles Group, including detailed change of control analysis, and completing the transfer of thousands of leases and all other real estate assets.
- Wesfarmers and conducting real estate due diligence on numerous potential acquisitions since 1992
- a major tenant in its lease of 5,500 square metres of a new building development in Collins Street, Victoria, including negotiating agreement for lease, lease and related agreements
- an anchor tenant in its lease of 7,500 square metres of a new building development in Mulgrave, Victoria, including negotiating agreement for lease, lease and related agreements.