David is a Melbourne based partner in our Compensation Law group and is our relationship partner for WorkSafe Victoria. David practises in the area of work-related personal injury claims in both common law and statutory benefit disputes.
David has acted for self-insurers, defendants in industrial, motor vehicle accident and public liability common law actions, and product liability and professional indemnity insurers. He has worked with insurance scheme regulators to develop and implement policy and regularly presents legislation and case law update seminars to insurer clients and their insureds.
His areas of expertise include:
- defending common law personal injury actions brought against employers;
- serious injury applications;
- disputes relating to statutory compensation entitlements;
- defending personal injury lawyers against professional indemnity claims;
- transport accident claims; and
- psychiatric damages claims.
David joined Lander & Rogers as a Senior Associate in 1996 and was appointed Partner in 1998. He was the founder of our Sydney office in 2000 and practised in New South wales until 2006. He is also a qualified mediator through the Resolution Institute.
David is recognised in Best Lawyers (Australia) for his expertise in Occupational Health & Safety law, and in the Melbourne 2015 edition of Doyle's Guide as a Leading WorkSafe & Workers Compensation Lawyer.
David's experience includes advising and acting in:
- a vicarious liability claim for a workplace prank gone wrong
- an allegation of psychiatric injury from bullying
- a claim of vicarious liability for sexual harassment.