Elizabeth is a Senior Associate in Lander & Rogers' Insurance Law & Litigation team. She specialises in construction and engineering disputes and provides advice on insurance coverage issues.
Elizabeth provides advice to local and international insurers on claims made against building and construction professionals including a range of principals, consultants and contractors. She advises on coverage issues for various types of insurance including professional indemnity, annual design and construct, project-specific and contract works policies. Elizabeth also acts as defence counsel for construction professionals and contractors in a variety of complex, multi-party disputes and has experience pursuing subrogated recoveries.
Elizabeth's career highlights include:
- successfully defending a claim made against a geotechnical consultant in relation to advice it provided during the construction of a hospital
- advising the insurers of a major construction company on issues arising in relation to the design and construction of hospitals in Australia and overseas
- advising the insurers of a joint venture of two major engineering firms in relation to a claim received on a large infrastructure project
- acting in recovery proceedings against several parties involved in the design of a mining plant in Western Australia
- acting for project consultants in claims involving combustible cladding