Jo leads the Lander & Rogers national Pro Bono and Community Support practice. She has also led the firm’s reconciliation activities, including as Chair of the RAP Oversight Committee.
Jo collaborates with many social, community and legal organisations and services to address access to justice. Her primary focus is to build legal capability in individuals and organisations and to achieve systemic social impact. She also promotes the empowerment of people and communities through workplace engagement initiatives.
Jo is active in delivering the firm’s business strategy and promoting its values. She is Chair of the Reconciliation Oversight Committee and a member of the Great Place to Work Committee. Jo drives organisational transformation and adds value to strategic thinking as a board member and stakeholder.
Prior to becoming the firm's dedicated pro bono partner, Jo practised insurance law and has expertise in managing large and complex litigation. She also has considerable experience in class action proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Inner Melbourne Community Legal Committee of Management (since 2016)
- Chair, Justice Connect Program Review Committee (2016-2017)
- Member, Justice Connect/CoHealth Advisory Group for Seniors Law (since 2015)
- Member, Health Justice Partnership Advisory Committee Meeting InTouch Legal Centre (since 2014)
- Chair, Justice Connect Victorian Representative Committee (2013-2015)
- Board member, Public Interest Law Clearing House Victoria (2009-2013)
- Board member, Australian Women Lawyers (2004)
- Convenor, Victorian Women Lawyers (2003)
- Executive Committee member, Victorian Women Lawyers (2000-2004)
- Committee member, Human Rights and Administrative Law Section Law Institute Victoria (1998-2002)
- Mentor, VWL/WBA Mentoring Program (since 2015)
- Fellow, Vincent Fairfax Foundation Ethical Leadership Cranlana Centre for Ethical Leadership 2019
- Finalist, Law Institute Victoria Access to Justice and Pro Bono Award 2015
- Finalist, Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Awards for the Asia-Pacific region 2017 (Lander & Rogers and Refugee Legal Corporate Clinic Program)
- Finalist, Lawyers Weekly Pro Bono Partner of the Year 2018
- Finalist, Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Awards for the Asia-Pacific region 2019 (Lander & Rogers JRLink)