Johnathan is an accredited commercial litigation specialist with corporations law expertise. Johnathan is a trusted adviser for many of the firm's national and international corporate clients as well as several SME's. He has a commercial and strategic approach to all litigation and disputes.
Johnathan has a reputation for handling complex contractual and corporations law matters including oppression claims, breach of directors' duties, and regulator prosecutions for both private companies and publicly listed corporations.
Since the mid-1990s, Johnathan has refined his craft to ensure he advises clients of all risk management issues before and during any litigation process.
He has successfully run multiple trials and negotiated settlements for local and international organisations for alleged breaches of consumer codes, corporations law and common law claims for alleged breaches of contract.
Johnathan is recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia, as one of Australia's leading commercial litigators.
Johnathan's experience includes:
- business interruption claim resulting from Beaconsfield Mine collapse
- multimillion-dollar contractual claim by South Korean public company arising from the Victorian Murra Warra wind farm project
- thoroughbred racing cobalt prosecutions of Kavanagh and O'Brien
- civil claim by Toyota Tsusho against former directors for breaches of their duties and other breaches of Corporations Act
- oppression claims by multiple SMEs brought by shareholders and directors.