Patrick is an experienced property, insolvency and corporate disputes lawyer. He practises all forms of dispute resolution, including running litigation in state and federal courts and tribunals.
Patrick has more than 20 years' experience in commercial disputes having acted for the firm's major clients, medium-sized enterprises and high-net-worth individuals, with a focus on difficult and complex matters.
Patrick has expertise in property law, including commercial leasing, property developments, compulsory acquisition of land, owner's corporations, constructive trusts, land sale contracts, easements and adverse possession.
Patrick has acted in insolvency and banking matters since 2000.
Patrick acts in disputes between members of corporate, unit trust and partnership entities.
Patrick advises companies, government agencies and other entities about regulators' investigations and prosecutions.
His areas of expertise include:
- all disputes regarding real property;
- insolvency; and
- corporate law matters including directors' duties and shareholder disputes, partnership and joint venture disputes.
Patrick's experience includes:
- disputes between members of corporate, trust and partnership entities and advice to directors
- Regulatory investigations
- pursuing compensation claims arising from compulsory acquisitions, including in relation to a mine, a very large sporting facility and one of the most prominent digital signs in Victoria
- claims to enforce and remove caveats throughout Australia
- rescission and suing for completion of large commercial land purchase contracts arising from disputes over sub-division processes and Sale of Land Act compliance.