Patrick is an experienced property, corporate and commercial disputes lawyer. He practises all forms of dispute resolution, including running litigation in state and federal courts and tribunals.
Patrick has particular expertise in relation to property law, including commercial leasing and property developments. He also acts in all disputes over land, including constructive trusts, disputes over land sale contracts, licences, planning disputes, compulsory acquisition of land, easements and adverse possession.
Patrick is sought by clients for advice and dispute resolution services in relation to disputes between members of corporate, unit trust and partnership entities and for financial services providers.
Patrick advises listed companies, government agencies and other entities about Corporations Law compliance, including regulators' investigations and prosecutions.
Patrick regularly presents seminars on topics including property law, directors' duties and shareholders disputes.
His areas of expertise include:
- commercial disputes;
- corporate law matters including alleged breaches of directors' duties, duties for public companies, investigations and shareholder disputes;
- partnership and joint venture disputes; and
- all disputes regarding real property.
Patrick's experience includes:
- disputes between members of corporate, trust and partnership entities and advice to directors
- Regulatory investigations
- pursuing compensation claims arising from compulsory acquisitions, including in relation to a mine, a very large sporting facility and one of the most prominent digital signs in Victoria
- claims to enforce and remove caveats throughout Australia
- rescission and suing for completion of large commercial land purchase contracts arising from disputes over sub-division processes and Sale of Land Act compliance.