Robert is a highly experienced technology and regulatory lawyer and heads the firm's Technology and Digital practice. He works with private and public sector organisations in relation to complex technology procurement projects and the provision and use of digital services.
Robert's areas of expertise include technology procurement; the provision of digital services; cybersecurity; privacy and big data; cloud and as-a-service supply agreements; blockchain-based applications; technology-based infrastructure projects and competition law advice.
Robert brings a commercially focused and practical perspective to technology matters and is a skilled negotiator. He is recognised as a leading IT and telecommunications lawyer in various industry directories including Chambers & Partners Asia-Pacific; Doyle's Guide, Legal 500 Asia-Pacific and Best Lawyers (Australia).
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 recommend Robert for being "pragmatic and commercial" and "able to clearly articulate the risks and issues in order to enable quick decision-making".
Robert's experience includes advising:
- German company WITRON Logistik on its supply to Coles of two automated distribution centres
- a leading energy retailer on its new telco service offering to energy customers
- on IT procurement and digital transformation projects to various companies in the financial services space (including Mercer and Gallagher)
- Optus on several multi-year telecommunications service agreements with major Australian banks
- Reserve Bank of Australia on IT procurement projects
- Medibank on its [email protected] service, including contracts and advice on liability and privacy issues and management of digital health records
- Healthdirect Australia in relation to various contracts for the provision of online health services and management of digital records.