Simon has extensive experience with corporate transactions. He has particular expertise in equity capital markets and mergers & acquisitions, as well general corporate advisory. He has significant cross border experience, having worked in the UK and the Middle East. Simon has advised clients across an array of sectors including financial services, resources, media, transport and logistics, and life sciences.
Simon's areas of expertise include:
- mergers & acquisitions;
- equity capital markets;
- private equity;
- corporate advisory;
- Corporations Act and listing rules advice;
- corporate restructuring;
- joint ventures and shareholder arrangements; and
- foreign investment.
Simon has been recommended in numerous editions of Legal 500, for capital markets and mergers & acquisitions.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Simon was one of the founding partners of Hive Legal. He has expertise in developing and delivering innovative and technology-based concepts for clients, to keep ahead of the ever-evolving approach to legal services.
Simon is a member of the Law Council of Australia's Foreign Investment Committee.
Simon's experience includes advising:
- QMS Media Ltd on its ASX IPO and associated transactions including several pre-IPO acquisitions and IPO acquisitions, as well as subsequent $50 million accelerated rights issue and further post-IPO acquisitions
- Dutch Mill on its acquisition of the Edith Creek dairy plant from Murray Goulburn
- Risen Energy in its acquisition of the Yarranlea solar farm development and Impact Investment Group on its acquisition of two solar farms
- Various clients, including most recently, AdAlta and ReadCloud, on their ASX IPOs (including backdoor listings)
- Nexvet Biopharma as Australian counsel to its NASDAQ IPO and associated transactions including the restructure of corporate group and redomicile of group to Ireland, as well as on its subsequent acquisition by Zoetis Inc
- Atos SA on its acquisition of the Windowlogic group
- the Amir of Qatar in transferring the operations and assets (including aircraft) of the Amiri Flight from Qatar Airways to the Amiri Diwan
- APM Terminals on acquisition of the Poti port in Georgia
- Maxim Group as underwriter to NASDAQ IPO of Benitec and as placement agent for US private placements by Ellex Medical Lasers, Prima Biomed, Genetic Technologies, Admedus and Eden Energy.