Simon is an insurance litigation specialist, with more than 15 years of experience. He has acted in numerous complex litigated proceedings in both State and Federal Courts.
Simon has expertise in professional indemnity claims, class actions and state government work. He has acted for many professionals, including solicitors, barristers, accountants, financial planners and consultants. His state government practice involves acting for a wide range of statutory authorities and public sector clients.
Simon has advised numerous insurers involved in securities class actions, including acting in litigated coverage disputes.
He is recognised as a Leading Practitioner in Doyle's Guide to Victorian Professional Indemnity Lawyers and is listed in Best Lawyers (Australia) in Insurance Law. He is also involved in the firm's pro bono program.
Simon has four years of experience working for a pre-eminent insurance firm in London.
Simon's experience includes advising or acting for:
- a solicitor in a Federal Court trial and appeal
- a company director in a five week trial in the Supreme Court
- a firm of solicitors in a class action brought by the apartment owners of a high-rise building
- a Victorian statutory authority in two Supreme Court proceedings
- numerous complex securities class actions, including acting for an insurer in a litigated coverage dispute in the Federal Court.