Stephanie specialises in property, energy and recoveries litigation. She regularly advises a range of insurers and insured companies on complex coverage issues and litigation strategy.
Stephanie handles complex disputes across the construction space and has particular expertise acting for building professionals. Her experience also extends to subrogated recoveries arising from property and building claims. Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Stephanie practised in the insurance team of an international firm.
Stephanie's career highlights include:
- defending insurers in a Supreme Court of Victoria proceeding brought by an insured alleging wrongful declinature under a general liability policy seeking damages in excess of $2M
- defending a firm of geotechnical engineers in a Supreme Court of Victoria proceeding concerning sinkholes and subsidence issues at a warehouse with losses exceeding $60M
- acting for an ASX-listed property investment firm in a litigated subrogated recovery matter involving damaged generators
- defending a firm of structural engineers in a large multi-party dispute regarding floor to ceiling raised levels
- advising insurers on recovery prospects in large water damage claims with combined losses in excess of $25M