Vince joined the Insurance Law & Litigation team at Lander & Rogers in January 2016 and has significant experience in insurance law and litigation.
Vince has acted for Australian and overseas insurers, government transport entities and local government on a range of litigation matters. He has also acted for major retail and construction entities providing advice on public liability matters and defending claims in NSW and across Australia. Vince also has experience in property damage litigation and s151z recovery actions and regularly appears in all jurisdictions in NSW.
Vince's areas of expertise include:
- public liability;
- professional indemnity; and
- policy coverage advice.
Vince's experience includes acting for:
- major construction contractors defending claims arising from worker to worker injuries on large development sites, usually involving multiple subcontractors
- a sporting governing body defending personal injury claims arising from participation in skydiving activities
- strata executive committees defending claims from property owners for damage to individual property arising from common property issues
- local councils defending claims arising from trips on footpaths, parks and council recreational facilities
- major national retail organisations defending various personal injury claims arising in NSW and other states
- the manufacturer of latex exercise balls in a claim involving the explosion of a ball during use by a pregnant woman in a gym class
- a major freight company seeking recovery of damages following failure of locomotive engine and subsequent consequential losses in excess of $1.5 million.