Will is a highly effective workplace relations lawyer. He is regularly instructed by leading employers to assist in complex industrial matters. Clients appreciate his ability to apply legal and strategic nous to achieve excellent commercial outcomes.
Will has significant experience across all areas of workplace relations & safety law. He has a particular focus on assisting employers to resolve and, if necessary, defend their position in disputes with both unions and individuals. He is an expert litigator and often appears as advocate on behalf of his clients.
Will is also regularly called on to provide clients with advice on employment law issues that are of strategic importance to their organisation including: workforce restructuring and change management, protecting confidential information and intellectual property, responding to regulators, whistleblower obligations and correctly applying awards and enterprise agreements.
Will's experience includes:
- acting for EnergyAustralia in Full Court of the Federal Court proceedings relating to a dispute with CFMMEU, AMWU, ETU and others
- representing the 12 standalone TAFE Institutes in enterprise bargaining and related disputes with the AEU
- defending a large retailer in Federal Court proceedings alleging breaches of its enterprise agreement
- preventing an attempt by the union to obtain an urgent injunction to stop a vote on RMIT University's proposed enterprise agreement
- acting for a government regulator (the ABCC) in Full Court of the Federal Court proceedings relating to the scope of the right of entry provisions in the FW Act
- appearing for Coles to successfully defend an unfair dismissal claim by a manager whose employment was terminated for sexual harassment
- securing Orders from the Supreme Court for our client's IT expert to access and remove confidential information from the devices of an employee who had resigned and sought to take this information to a competitor
- defending Australia Post in Federal Court proceedings alleging disability discrimination
- acting for a large employer in relation to a fatality at its site in late 2018, including managing a privileged investigation into the incident and providing advice in relation to engagement with WorkSafe.