Brighid is an insurance litigation lawyer specialising in medical indemnity and health law.
Brighid advises and represents hospitals, emergency services providers, doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
Brighid has experience managing litigated and non-litigated medical indemnity claims, coronial investigations and inquests, and regulatory and disciplinary proceedings.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers, Brighid was a Registered Nurse in the intensive care unit of a major tertiary hospital.
Brighid's areas of expertise include:
- medical and professional indemnity
- coronial investigations and inquests
- Health Complaints Commissioner complaints
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency investigations
Brighid's experience includes:
- acting for a leading tertiary hospital in a complex and high quantum Supreme Court claim regarding spinal surgery
- representing an emergency services provider in a coronial inquest into the death of a mental health patient
- representing a hospital in a high-profile coronial inquest in relation to COVID-19 emergency responses in the context of aged care
- acting for an allied health professional in relation to an AHPRA investigation, including an immediate action, in the context of health impairment and unsafe professional practice