Keiran is an experienced commercial disputes lawyer with a focus on the complexities of insolvency law. He aims always to balance technical skill with commercial nous and pro-active management.
Keiran delivers solutions for businesses that are interrupted by customer or supplier disputes, competitors' antics, internal strife, the focus of regulators, or financial turmoil. His experience is in both city and regional practices, and in pure commercial disputes roles as well as a general commercial lawyer and his work has covered the full range of industries.
He provides peace of mind on complex issues to shareholders and directors, in-house counsel, insolvency practitioners, creditors and debtors, and their advisers.
Keiran is recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia for his expertise in Insolvency and Reorganisation Law. He is a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association.
Keiran's experience includes:
- carrying out a major file review exercise for an insurer arising from the Financial Services Royal Commission
- representing a group of franchisees in dispute with Caltex
- handling multiple disputes over commercial contracts
- advising numerous insolvency practitioners on liquidation, voluntary administration and receivership assignments
- giving advice for various shareholder and director disputes
- managing major litigation matters in the New Cap Reinsurance liquidation
- advising on a corporate restructuring assignment in Brunei Darussalam
- handling a secondment on ASIC's civil penalty proceedings against the directors of One.Tel Limited.